Sunday, December 8, 2013

Blog Post #16

Part 1


      With it being the end of the semester, I have a totally different outlook on my classroom and my teaching methods. Two things I would put special emphases on would definitely be making sure my students are not only learning but actually comprehending and my techniques of teaching. I would resolve these issues by thinking about how I would teach a subject or what is the best way of learning for each student. Different tools I would use for teaching would be Google Docs, Smartboards, PBL (Project Based Learning). Google Docs is a easy way to create and share documents and presentations between other teachers and students. Smart boards offer unlimited tools that can be used for interactive learning in the classroom. PBL would allow me as a educator to see how the students would relate to each other in different subjects.

As far as me being a music educator  for String Instruments my elementary students K - 3rd grade  classroom layout it self would be very open and modern technology wise. I would make sure there was open space for different ensemble arrangements as well as group layouts. The tools being used in my classroom would be smartboards, different music software, and electrical instruments. As far as my teaching I would be both hands on and then reserved (observing) allowing the students to teach them selves through a project or assignment.

The Smartboards themselves ( app. 2 or 3) would allow the kids to pull up their assignment for the day and then actually do the activity. For example, one assignment would be for them to write out the following scales in major and minor using the smartboard software. This assignment could be both collaborative and individual work depending on the group size. For hands on teaching I would definitely use Smart Music (a music software that allows the teacher and students hands on access to different tools and pieces.)for the simplicity of hands on music selection and the ability to record each students progress and performance for records. Last but not least I would use electrical instruments to not only allow the students to hear a different quality of sound but to open the door of different genres of music.

 Honestly at the beginning of the semester I could not answer the questions, What will your classroom be like? and What will be your teaching methods? without hesitation. Today I can honestly say that after completing this course I truly want to be a modern teacher open to new ideas and concepts. Eager to do what is best for my students future and not what is comfortable for me.

   
Part 2 - Video

 

           







1 comment:

  1. Keep making practice lesson plans. That will help you learn more.

    ReplyDelete